Minimize/ maximize, restore down and close are the only three buttons, we have on each window explorer. Or sometimes only the close button is present. So, there are many other functions for which we have to follow long procedures or either can’t be performed. In this regards, I have an amazing tool called as extra buttons to add features to windows explorer. It will help you to perform many other useful functions for the windows.
Extra Buttons is a very small freeware of 937 KB only. It will include 9 extra buttons to your windows explorer more easy to handle. All these buttons are configurable. Also, you may choose these buttons according to your preferences. If any of them is not required, you can easily remove it. The snapshot below will show you the tool and the buttons available within it.
Select and use add or remove option according to your choice. After the installation of the tool, the nine buttons will be present on the window as shown in the snapshot below.
The names along with the use of these buttons (from left to right) are as follows:
- Minimize to tray: minimize the window to the system tray.
- Minimize to common tray: minimize the window to system tray menu.
- Minimize to box: minimize window and arrange the icon on the desktop.
- Roll up/ unroll: The window will be minimized in such a way that only caption will be visible to you.
- Always on top: The window will be placed on top of all the other windows.
- Push to background: The window will be sent back under all windows. Used when it is least required.
- Transparency preset: Preset the transparency level.
- Tune transparency: The transparency will be tuned according to the selected level.
- Run application copy: To run a new window of that application.
As already said the buttons are configurable. You can define the settings as shown in the snapshot below. The buttons present under the heading Button settings will help you to configure them. Minimize to box has been selected here. The available changes that can be made will be presented to you. All the buttons can be assigned the desired hotkeys. Initially, none is assigned to them. Others settings are according to the button selected.
If the altered settings are not convenient, you can restore them to Defaults. I am sure these additional buttons will make your work more comfortable and easy. You will surely enjoy them.
The tool has been tested on Windows 7, so it will be compatible with the other versions also.