A new kind of problem has been observed with some of the Windows 7 PC called the Black Screen of Death. This black screen of death is not like the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) as experienced with earlier version of Windows.
Symptoms of Black Screen of Death:
After logging on there is no desktop, task bar, system tray or side bar. Instead you are left with a totally black screen and a single My Computer Explorer window. Even this window might be minimized making it hard to see.
This is a relatively new kind of problem and Microsoft is Investigating into this Windows 7 Problem of Black Screen [Source - TechFlash].
In this article we will share with you the tool to fix this problem with help of a free tool.
When there is black unresponsive screen on Windows 7 and you can not see any icon or any active Window, please follow the steps below :
1. Restart the Computer and login with the login and password that you use.
2. If the black screen appears and there is no icon visible on screen, Press the “ALT + CTRL + DEL” keys on the keyboard together.
3. A windows will appear with option to launch Task Manager, Simply Launch Task Manager.
4. On Task Manager, go to Application Tab and Click on New Task
5. Now type the following in the task window:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?GRAB=BLACKSCREENFIX"
and press enter.
Note: If you have installed Windows 7 in some other disk like D: or E: etc, please replace the c: with the drive letter because the above command assumes the default path of Windows 7 Installation.
6. When you press enter, you will see a download window, on that window, select the option “Run”, doing this will download the tool, run it and fix the issue.
This free tool is provided by Prevx.
You can download the Black Screen removal tool here
If you like this article or this article helped you, please clikc the +1 Button below to recommend this article.