One of our reader reported us a problem related to windows 7, below is snippet from the email we got.
I cannot see the hibernation option under power button on windows 7 start menu even after enabling hibernation
Hibernation option in windows 7 may not show up if you have hybrid sleep settings enabled, which are enabled by default on some of the windows 7 systems.
Here is how you can show hibernation options under power button actions when it is not shown even after hibernation is enabled.
1. Open Windows 7 start menu, and type power options in the search box
2. Click Power Options in the search results, and in power settings opened Click Change plan settings [ as highlighted in the image below ]
3. It will open Edit Plan Settings window, Click Change advanced power settings
4. Now under power options window, Open Sleep >> Allow hybrid sleep – toggle it to off and click ok
5. Once you complete the above step you will see hibernate under options in power options text in windows 7 start menu and shutdown options.