Have you ever lost your data in a computer failure ? Any kind of hardware failure, software failure, Windows crash or something like that ? If yes, you might like this Rescue Kit which I am going to review in this article. If No, then also this Rescue Kit may come in handy for managing any computer related failure.
Most of the computer failures occur because of Virus problems or Windows crash due to some problem, second most major cause is failure of an old hard disk drive. In this post, I am reviewing Trinity Rescue Disk which is a small and power-packed rescue disk which does a lot of wonderful tasks which can save you a lot of trouble and data losses.
Some of the major features of the Trinity Rescue Kit Include :
- Easily reset windows passwords with the improved winpass tool
- 5 different virus scan products integrated in a single uniform command line with online update capability
- Full ntfs write support thanks to ntfs3g
- Winclean, a utility that cleans up all sorts of unnecessary temporary files on your computer.
- Clone computers over the network via multicast.
- Contributed backup utility called "pi", to automate local machine backups
- Easy script to find and mount all local filesystems
- Run a SSH server
- Recovery and undeletion of files with utilities and procedures
- Recovery of lost partitions
- Evacuation of dying disks
- Full read/write and rpm support
- 2 rootkit detection utilities
You can very easily download the ISO image ( download link at the end) of the tool and boot the infected or crashed computer using this ISO file.
When you boot the computer using the Trinity Rescue Kit CD or USB, the boot screen looks something like this :
On successful boot you will see 22 different options ranging from Windows Password reset, Virus scanning, Memory and hard disk diagnostics to Disk cleaning. Below you can see the options.
On Trinity Rescue Kit Easy Menu you can use options which are menu driven and can be controlled with keyboard using arrow keys.
One of the most useful options of this Rescue Kit is “Windows Password Resetting” which uses winpass utility to reset Windows Password.
The Sub-Menu which appears when you access the Windows Password Resetting Option includes interactive winpass, winpass with command line etc.
Below is the virus scanning menu which gives you options to scan your computer with
- Clean AV Anti-Virus
- F-Port Anti-Virus
- BitDefender Anti-Virus
- Vexira Anti-Virus
- Avast Anti-Virus
You can also create an image of your computer to to some other PC with replication option, this maybe very useful for backing up entire computer image.
The replication sub-menu gives you option to use the present computer as server or client for replication purpose.
Trinity also provides remote support for which you need to call them first and then use this option.
Download Trinity Rescue Kit
Refer this tutorial to make USB bootable with downloaded image file - Make Pen Drive Bootable