Pen drives these days has become some major mediums behind spreading viruses which cause various troubles on your computer. Many of friends often got their pen drives infected by virus and they have crucial data on their virus infected pen drive.
Now the question arises here is how can you back up data from a virus infected pen drive. If you insert you pen drive on your computer it may infect your computer also. Some times you may not be able to open the virus infected pen drive in that case it becomes more difficult as the pen drive does not open on double click.
Today we will tell you how can you back up data from your virus infected pen drive. Let’s discuss two most simple methods to backup data from your virus infected pen drive.
These are the two methods which you can use to back up data from pen drive.
Note: Before backing up data form your virus infected pen drive make sure to disable autorun before connecting your pen drive to your computer and don’t double click on the pen drive icon in my computer to open it.
Method 1: Simple Windows Procedure To Backup Data From Pen Drive
1. Right click on the Removable pen drive in My Computer
2. Select Properties >Tools.
3. Click the Back Up >> Choose the file to back up from your removable pen drive
4. Choose the Destination path where you want to store the back up files.
for detailed steps see : Backup your important data in 9 easy steps
Method 2: Backup Using Free Commander ( Alternative Windows Explorer )
1. Download Free Commander from here and install it.
2. Launch Free Commander and click on your removable pen drive letter to explore it contents
3. Now right click and copy your crucial files from your virus infected pen drive before formatting it.
Note: You can also see the hidden virus files which you may not be able to see in windows explorer, so you can even delete those virus files on your pen drive to make your pen drive free from viruses.