It may happen when you had created a set of recovery CDs for recovery and reinstall of windows but for some reason you are not able to locate the created recovery CD you had created and stored.
It had happened to one of my friend who had a hp laptop, some how she managed to get her laptop repaired and working from the manufacturer but she want to create a new set of recovery CD’s now.
HP laptop or Hp Desktop computer does not allow to create more set of recovery CD be default. Hp does not allow more than one set of recovery CD/DVD as they think that might be used to distribute the operating system software illegally.
Let’s discuss the hack to create more than one set of recovery CDs on HP laptop
The basic trick behind this is that hp laptop does not allow you to open or navigate the recovery drive contents.
Follow the procedure to create more than one set of recovery CDs
1. Download Free Commander from here
2. Open D:\ Drive in Free Commander, assuming d is the recovery partition on your hp laptop computer
3. Find and Delete a file named HPCD.SYS in D:\ drive root folder . In newer HP systems, the fine name is hpdrcu.prc and its present in three locations. Search and delete hpdrcu.prc.
4. Navigate to the windows folder at C:\Windows\SMINST and delete another file with the same name HPCD.SYS
5. That’s it done you can now create new sets of recovery CDs or DVDs
If you like this article or this article helped you, please clikc the +1 Button below to recommend this article.