If you have a habit of locking your windows computer while using when you are going away from your pc, you normally press Windows Key+L to lock your windows computer, but locking your computer may mute the sound of the music being played which might disturb other readers.
Mute On Lock is a small easy to use program which sits in the system tray and monitors your session – when you are locking your Windows workstation, it mutes the sound of your speakers and when you logged in back you can unmute the sound of speakers with a keyboard hotkey.
Key Features of the application are as follows
- Supports all Windows NT operating systems with fast user switching, from Microsoft Windows XP up to Windows 7, including x64 editions.
- An icon in the system tray area, which allows you to control various program settings.
- You can set a hotkey for muting and unmuting the system sound.
- You can mute/unmute sound by double-clicking the tray icon.
- Automatically loading each time Windows starts.
- The portable version of Mute on Lock is available.
- The modest main memory and disk space usage.
- The program is absolutely free!
Once it starts running, its icon will start showing in system tray – you can right click the program icon and configure its options and hotkey to mute or unmute sounds. Another program in this category about which we have posted before is Auto Mute – which mutes sound when you resume it from standby.
Related – Save Power When You Lock Your Computer