We have often received one common problem from many of the readers saying:
Whenever I double-click on any drive/folder in My Computer, a Search window opens
This is one of the most annoying problem as per readers, problem as quite clear from the message mentioned above quote.
This type of problem normally occurs because some virus called ‘PET32.exe’ , or it can also occur due some other virus which disrupt the windows registry.
Lets see how can we fix this problem.
If search opens when you double click on folder in windows explorer, then see the fix below:
We need to repair some registry entry damaged by virus corresponding to windows shell. Follow the steps below:
1. Open Start >> Run or press Window Key + r , this will open the run prompt.
2. Type “regedit” ( without quotes ) and press Enter.
3. Navigate to key
4. Double the registry key named Default and set the value to none.
This will restore the normal windows explorer behavior of opening a folder when you double click a folder rather than opening windows search.
If search opens when you double click on any windows drive, then try this
1. Open Start >> Run or press Window key + r
2. Type “regsvr32 /i shell32.dll” ( without quotes ) and press Enter
After the command run successfully, you will see a message saying DllRegisterServer and DllInstall in Shell32.dll succeeded.
We hope this will help to fix the trouble.