It really slows down my Internet connection speed when my system starts updating itself every time. There are many things which starts updating automatically even if they are not of much use. I felt annoyed with these useless features hampering my work. So, I tried to work to deal with the situation and found a tool called ‘Ketarin’. Ketarin helps you to update the setup packages.
Ketarin is a very light freeware of 732 KB only. It is a portable tool and can be downloaded very fast. It can be used to update the package by the URL links or FileHippo website. The updated packages can be burnt in a CD or stored in a USB stick.
Initially, it does not contain any application. So, you can add only the desired ones. You can add new application in three ways: New (By name), Import from the files or Import from online database.
- New (By Name): Whenever you add a new application, you have to mention the name of the application. Specify the category if you want. Ketarin provides the facility to download the updates from two sources.
- URL link: Determine the link from where the setup package will be updated. It must be the complete link.
- FileHippo ID: Here you have to mention only the filehippo id and not the complete link.
You have to mention the download location. Either save to file or save in folder. When the new updates are downloaded, they can remove the unused updates or replace the existing ones. This will maintain the useful data only. It can be done with the help of advanced settings. There are some other useful options also as shown below.
- Import from file: You can import the setup to be updated by browsing from the system.
- Import from online database: You can search the online availability on the updates related to the setup. As the snapshot below shows the updates for AVG. Though there might be problem while you import from the online database. As the URL link provided may not be always correct.
You can download many files files simultaneously depending upon your server speed. The progress will be shown side by side. Also, if you have mentioned many updates together and you want to cancel any one. It can be done without affecting the processing of the others. You just have to click on that application and then select Cancel from the bottom.
You can go through the video shown below to understand the working of this tool.
Hope you have find the tool interesting and useful. Since the software has been tested with Windows 7, it will be compatible with all the other versions also.