Most of the virus infection these days come from internet malicious websites which run some malicious code or script when a user visit a harmful website. It may happen to any windows user unknowingly, as when your browser on your computer behaves wrongly like it does not load pages any more, you see some additional adult toolbars or other addon loaded up or when you try to access google but you end up seeing a third party search engine which you have never used.
There are multiple ways you solve different problems related to connectivity in internet explorer, when its related to unwanted browser addons or some proxy related things, following are some ways with which you can fix different Internet Explorer issues.
Reset Internet Explorer Setting Which Might Have Got Corrupted
It could happen that a virus potentially target some settings in IE and because IE to stop working, loading web pages etc, in such cases the first thing you need to do to solve this is to reset internet explorer settings by following the step by step procedure.
- Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
- Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and In Private Filtering data.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
- When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- Close Internet Explorer
You should know that, your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer. Resetting Internet Explorer’s settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings are lost and cannot be recovered. Rather than resetting everything, you might want to reset specific settings or delete your webpage history.
Repair Proxy Settings In IE
It could happen that a virus or a malware infects and modify the proxy settings in internet explorer, you can easily fix this by Opening Internet Explorer and then go to Tools >> Internet Connections and then click LAN settings and uncheck if you see proxy server is checked and make sure that you select the option which says Automatically detect network, all this to ensure IE connects to website on internet and load it fine.
Fix DNS Servers Under Internet Connections
Many virus and malwares change the DNS server entries on your computer to some thing else which could redirect every website to a some other malware or adult website or during this process you might see some pops in IE.
- Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clickingNetwork and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections.
- Right-click the connection that you want to change, and then click Properties. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Click the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, click either Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6), and then click Properties.
Refresh or Reset Internet Winsock Protocol in Windows
If you reset the winsock protocol connection, it fixed the internet connectivity problems with internet, for this you will need to open command prompt and run the command netsh winsock reset and restart your computer to check whether it fix problem for you.
Fix IE Settings With Browser Repair Tool
In case you don’t want to take the pain of repairing the individual settings in IE, you can use the third party free to use tool called Browser Repair Tool which does everything on your behalf and make sure it corrects all the settings which are either corrupted or modified in Internet Explorer and this tool will soon work for Google Chrome and Firefox as well.
This tool fixes the following things in Internet Explorer.
- Restore title bar
- Restore Internet Explorer homepage
- Block Windows startup pop-up
- Restore Explorer Security Item
- Repair Network Associated Items
- Enable Internet Options
- Repair Windows Safe Startup Items
- Unlock Registry Editor
- Restore IE Default Security Item
- Repair default path
- Restore default agreement
- Remove Content Advisor
- Repair file associations
- Repair Windows IFEO hijack
- Empty Outlook Express title bar
- Restore IE desktop icon
- Set IE as default browser
- Restore IE favorites
- Restore right-click menu
- Remove browser cookies
- Clear browsing history
- Clear BHO plug-ins
- Restore WinSockLSP
- Reset DNs settings
We hope the above methods help you get rid of annotations and messages on the youtube video, if you have a related tip to share or some how the above procedure does not work for you let us know by leaving a comment at the end of this page trough the comment section, let us know if this tip is helpful for you.