One of our reader Rameshwar reported us a problem regarding remote desktop connection on windows XP. When he tries to connect to a specific machine on LAN, rather than getting connected Windows xp gives the following remote desktop connection error – “The connection was ended because of network error”
Let’s see how can we fix this remote desktop connection error.
The main cause behind this problems is some problem in the registry entries at the following path:
Follow the procedure below to fix it.
1. Open Start >> Run and type regedit and press enter.
2. Navigate to the following path:
3. Now delete registry keys named Certificate, X500 Certificate and X509 Certificate ID values. (These keys will get auto generated after system restart with system default values, which is actually needed)
4. Exit Registry editor and restart your computer.
5. Try to establish a remote desktop connection by typing mstsc at Run Prompt.
Note: Always back up the registry before making any changes that may damage your system configuration.