We have been receiving some emails form the readers who face different type of error messages while trying to standby or hibernate their computers.
This type of abnormal behavior at the time when your computer tries to enter standby or hibernate occurs due to following reasons:
- Incompatible display drivers or no display drivers
- Hardware may not support hibernation and standby
Some of the users reported that the standby button was visible in shutdown option menu but grayed out or disabled to click.
Some error messages which appear when system enters standby or hibernate mode are:
- Unable to enter Standby mode.
- 0×0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Even in some cases computer goes into standby or hibernate mode but cannot resume back again and results in system restart. It may also happen that your computer resumes back from hibernate or standby but mouse or audio does not work properly.
Let’s see how can we fix these issues.
There are some simple practices which you can follow in order to avoid hibernation issues.
1. Do not make major changes to computer state after putting it on standby or hibernate.
2. Do not force hibernation or standby while running heavy applications.
How To Make Your Computer Enter Hibernation or Standby
One of the most common reasons when your computer refuses to hibernate or standby is always due to Basic video drivers installed which comes bundled with windows.
In order to support hibernation and standby features you need to install the graphic drivers from the CD which comes with your motherboard, or you can search for the advanced display drivers for your motherboard model on web.
After installation of the advanced video drivers you will need to restart in order for the changes to take place.
Check to see whether your hardware supports hibernation or standby
1. Open Start >> Run or Press Window Key + r
2. Type “powercfg.cpl” (without quotes) then click OK
3. Now Click on the Advanced Tab Check whether Standby and Hibernation appear in the drop down. (as shown in the image below)
4. Click on Cancel button to close Power Options.
We hope this will help to fix the trouble