We have just got a mail from one of our reader saying that
I have got Khatra.exe virus on my computer, how can I remove it
This virus has some symptoms when ever you try to open browser and search remove khatra.exe the browser will automatically close, you can’t not delete khatra.exe or gHost.exe or Xplorer.exe which are created by the same virus as these processes will keep running.
Let’s discuss the removal procedure to delete khatra.exe or gHost.exe or Xplorer.exe virus
Follow the procedure below
1. Open Task Manager but if task manager is blocked then unblock task manager and click the process tab, found these process named regsvr.exe(if found there), gHost.exe, khatra.exe and Xplorer.exe, right click on all these process and select end process tree
2. Open Start Menu >> Run, type cmd and click Ok button
3. Now download and install everything search tool
4. Run Everything and type the virus exe names one by one ( khatra.exe, gHost.exe, Xplorer.exe ) and delete all the copies found on your computer anywhere.
5. Now Open start menu >> run, type regedit or if registry editing is blocked then unblock registry editing
6. Press ctrl+f and find the registry keys with names khatra,gHost,Xplorer and delete the values you find with these names.