Recently when WordPress 2.9 was released, we upgraded all our blogs to this version but after some time on some of the blogs we noticed that the articles which we have scheduled are not getting published.
After sometime we realized that it is a WordPress 2.9 bug which has some problem in the code related to the cron jobs, but there is a very easy solution to this problem. As you can fix this problem by fixing a value in cron.php file.
Lets discuss how can we fix this issue, changing the value in cron.php
1. Connect to your blog files through ftp and find the file cron.php in wp-includes folder, download the file to your computer
Note: Make sure you back up the original file before editing.
2. Edit the line number 229 in cron.php file available in wp-includes folder.
3. Look for the code
wp_remote_post( $cron_url, array(‘timeout’ => 0.01, ‘blocking’ => false, ’sslverify’ => apply_filters(‘https_local_ssl_verify’, true)) );
4. Change the timeout value in the above code
‘timeout’ => 10
5. So that the file code looks like as given below
wp_remote_post( $cron_url, array(‘timeout’ => 10, ‘blocking’ => false, ’sslverify’ => apply_filters(‘https_local_ssl_verify’, true)) );
6. Upload the new file with edited value of timeout
[ Thanks ShoutMeLoud.com ]