We all face small problems when it comes to Windows Vista or Windows 7, there problems come due to change in settings, un-installation and installation of tools and softwares, sometimes viruses and malwares that infect the computer.
In this article we will tell you about a freeware tool called FixWin Developed by Ramesh Kumar (MVP) and The Windows Club. This is an excellent small handy tool which is less than 1 MB in size and can solve a large variety of common Windows Vista and Windows 7 Problems.
The kind of problems FixWin Can Fix for you is divided broadly into 5 categories, viz.
- Windows Explorer Problems
- Internet and Connectivity Problems
- Windows Media Problems
- System Tools
- Additional Fixes
The Windows Explorer Sections allows following fixes :
- Recycle Bin Missing From Desktop
- Reset Folder View Settings
- Games Explorer Not Working
- Show Hidden File Problem
- Fix Recycle Bin Icon
- Explorer Does Not Start
- CD / DVD drive missing
- Thumbnails not working in Windows
The Internet Connectivity section includes:
- Internet Explorer icon missing from desktop
- Internet Options missing
- Unable to change home page
- Reset IE settings etc.
The Windows Media section includes :
- Windows Media Player Does not start
- Windows Media Player stops responding
- Reset Windows Media Library
- Windows Media Player Not installed properly etc.
The system tools section includes :
- Enable Task Manager
- Enable Command Prompt
- Enable Registry Editor
- Device Manager not working etc
The additional fixes includes:
- Enable Hibernation
- Restore Sidebar Gadgets
- Widows Update Problem
- Corrupt Desktop icons etc.
Apart from these fixes, this tool has a System file checker feature which will scan all your Windows system files for any kind of errors or problems as you can see below.