We all face small problems when it comes to Windows Vista or Windows 7, there problems come due to change in settings, un-installation and installation of tools and softwares, sometimes viruses and malwares that infect the computer.
In this article we will tell you about a freeware tool called FixWin Developed by Ramesh Kumar (MVP) and The Windows Club. This is an excellent small handy tool which is less than 1 MB in size and can solve a large variety of common Windows Vista and Windows 7 Problems.
The kind of problems FixWin Can Fix for you is divided broadly into 5 categories, viz.
- Windows Explorer Problems
- Internet and Connectivity Problems
- Windows Media Problems
- System Tools
- Additional Fixes
The Windows Explorer Sections allows following fixes :
- Recycle Bin Missing From Desktop
- Reset Folder View Settings
- Games Explorer Not Working
- Show Hidden File Problem
- Fix Recycle Bin Icon
- Explorer Does Not Start
- CD / DVD drive missing
- Thumbnails not working in Windows
The Internet Connectivity section includes:
- Internet Explorer icon missing from desktop
- Internet Options missing
- Unable to change home page
- Reset IE settings etc.
The Windows Media section includes :
- Windows Media Player Does not start
- Windows Media Player stops responding
- Reset Windows Media Library
- Windows Media Player Not installed properly etc.
The system tools section includes :
- Enable Task Manager
- Enable Command Prompt
- Enable Registry Editor
- Device Manager not working etc
The additional fixes includes:
- Enable Hibernation
- Restore Sidebar Gadgets
- Widows Update Problem
- Corrupt Desktop icons etc.
Apart from these fixes, this tool has a System file checker feature which will scan all your Windows system files for any kind of errors or problems as you can see below.
If you like this article or this article helped you, you can +1 to recommend this article on google plus.