We recently received a trouble from one of our readers Adam, that whenever he plays movies or play games on his computer, it starts to flicker. Let us have a look at this trouble and see how this can be fixed.
Some common reasons for this trouble can be:
- Slow performance of hardware.
- Old or incompatible graphics drivers.
- Old or un-supported version of DirectX
Lets see some ways to improve the graphics performance.
- If your computer is very old, and has low RAM and no-graphics card, you can go for some RAM upgrade and install a graphics card. But before upgrade make sure that when your upgrade RAM and/or graphics card, it is compatible with your computer’s motherboard.
- If your computer is not very old, and you don’t want to do any hardware upgrade, look for newer version of the graphics drivers on Internet. Generally newer versions are released by the motherboard or graphic card’s manufacturers online. Download the latest available graphics drivers for your motherboard (in case of on-board graphics) or graphics card. Uninstall the previous version and then install the new version.
- One of the most common reasons besides the above two reasons is old version of DirectX, or in some cases the DirectX is not installed on computer. Microsoft DirectX is a collection of interfaces for handling tasks related to multimedia, especially game programming and video for windows. Download the latest version of DirectX from this link. Install it and restart your computer.
These three checks will fix the graphics trouble.
Technorati Tags: graphics flickering,directx problem