Google Documents is a great way of keeping and accessing your important documents online. Some of the advantages of keeping important documents and files on Google Docs is the convenience to access them anytime, inbuilt sharing options for collaboration, version control and many more. Today we are going to review and giveaway 30 licenses (of worth $570) of a tool called GDocsDrive. GDocsDrive is a desktop client for Windows for Google Documents, which lets you access your Google Documents as if they are on a local hard disk on your computer. The interface of the GDocsDrive is simple, easy to use and understand.
You can simply Install the GDocsDrive 14 days free trial version from the official website and try it yourself. After installation, you can simply login using your existing Google or Gmail id and you are good to go.
It displays all the files and folder visible in your Google Docs accounts on a single Window and you can see the view filtered by several criterions like “Owner by me” or “Shared by me” or “Documents” etc. which helps you access the documents you are looking for in a fast manner.
To edit any document, simply double click on it and it will open in the browser for editing.
You can simply Drag and Drop a full folder with many sub folder to GDocsDrive and it will upload all the files and folders to Google Documents which you can not do so easily with online interface of Google Documents.
Once you drag the documents or folder on GDocsDrive, it starts uploading in batch and you can click the Background button to force the process to minimize to the system tray and run in background.
After the upload completes, you will see the same folder name on your GDocsDrive and the content of the folder on the right side pane. These folders and files are securely backed up on Google Documents.
Double click on any of these files to open them in the browser and check the uploaded content.
You can also select the documents and share them with others via email and collaborate on document editing and sharing. The GDocsDrive makes the Google Docs even more useful and quick to access.
GDocsDrive Giveaway – Win 30 Licenses of GDocsDrive Worth $570
You can participate in the Giveaway sponsored by GDocsDrive and win a copy of GDocsDrive worth $19. To participate, you need to follow the below steps:
- Tell us by a comment below “What do you like most about GDocsDrive?”
- Follow @troublefixers on twitter OR Become a Fan of TroubleFixers on Facebook
- Tweet the following text from your twitter account OR Share this text on Facebook – “GDocsDrive Giveaway- Win Licenses Worth $570 (via @troublefixers ) – http://bit.ly/iAAHKb”
- The giveaway will be open until 25th of June 2011. At the end of the giveaway, 30 winners will be randomly selected from among the participants.
- Licenses will be emailed to the winners after the winners are declared on this page.
- GDocsDrive can be purchased from their official website without this Giveaway offer also for a price of $19 per license.
Updated 26 June 2011
Since the number of participants (16) is less than total licences for giveaway (30), we will be soon sending a licence to all the participants via email. Congratulations all ! Below is the list of Winners:
- Vaibhav Srivastava
- Sharath BS
Thanks all for participating. Thanks GDocs for running this contest with us.