As if now, google has not released gtalk desktop based application for linux environment like ubuntu and others. Today we tell you about a cool package for ubuntu which allows you to run the gtalk in ubuntu, follow step by step procedure below to install and run web based google talk in ubuntu linux
1. Open Ubuntu software center a shown in the image below
2. Under Ubuntu Software Center, search for the package prism google talk for ubuntu as shown in the image below – once you get prism for google talk click the install button on that package
3. Once installed, you will see google talk in Applications >> Internet – once you try to run it, it will open a small window like shown below
4. You will need to enter you google account username and password to sign in web based version of google talk.
5. Once, it validates the username and password, you are good to go and start chatting right away, multiple chats will open in different tabs
Note: For all those who are not using Ubuntu, can use free Pidgin Internet Messenger which works across almost all the versions of linux
If you like this article or this article helped you, you can +1 to recommend this article on google plus.