Facebook has recently launched a new feature called Places which allows you to share your geo location on Facebook when you are on the move, you can do this with the help of a mobile phone browser by going to touch.Facebook.com provided that you mobile phone browser must support html 5 and geolocation feature.
You can read the complete procedure here, which will tell you how to use Facebook places feature. But if your privacy is getting affected by this feature then you can disable some privacy settings with which you will not be shown in “People Here Now” after you check in and you can also disable the settings which will stop your friends to check you into places by using this feature, follow the procedure below to do it.
1. Login to Facebook.com and navigate to privacy settings
2. Now click customize privacy settings as shown in the image below
3. Under the section Things I share you will find the privacy settings which says Include me in “People Here Now” after I check in – you can uncheck this checkbox to disable this feature.
5. Another privacy setting in Facebook related feature – Scroll down to locate the section Things others share – Locate the settings Friends can check me in to Places and you can select from the dropdown box to enable it or disable it.
6. You can also control over who can see the places you check in Navigate to the settings Places I check in under Things I Share and select who can see the places you check in
These privacy settings will help you protect your privacy on Facebook, let us know if you are unclear about any information mentioned above.