Yes, hotmail is not now a favorite mail interface for many users these days, but Gmail is – as it provides a sleek and clean interface, with low ads and no banners like yahoo mail, because of all these advantages many web users has started using Gmail as their as their primary mail.
One of our reader as us this question on how can he, divert all his mails he receive in his hotmail account to his Gmail account so that he can read them in the Gmail clean and faster email interface, he wants to receive all his mails sent to hotmail id in his Gmail account, and also like reply to those emails from Gmail interface only.
Here is step by step procedure to send and receive mails in sent to your hotmail account in your Gmail account.
1. Login to Gmail and click settings located at the top right corner in the internet browser screen, and then click Account and Import
2. Click to Add POP3 Email Account, then enter your hotmail or live id in the newly opened small window and then click next button as shown in the image below.
3. Now Enter the username and password on your hotmail account, and select the following settings and then click add account as shown in the image below.
4. Now Enter the your name, and then click next step button
5. Now select how would you like to send replies to the hotmail mails you receive in your Gmail account.
6. Now click the button to send verification
7. Now check your hotmail account to check for the verification code and enter it in the next screen
Once you enter the verification code, you will start receiving the mails sent to your hotmail account into your Gmail account.