We do install some add-ons or some tools or plugins to make our task easier while working on Microsoft Office tools. For example, I use a plug-in with Microsoft Office excel to export the excel sheet to a testing tool named as Quality Center, this makes my task easier of uploading the excel sheet to that tool. Similarly, people use other plugins or add-ons to facilitate themselves, but is if any of them gets corrupt then, our tool might become slow or I should say that it might take some time to get started. In this post we will tell you that how you can solve this problem with one of the feature available with Microsoft Office.
If any plugin or add-on has got corrupted then it should be disabled by Office and that is what its ‘Safe Mode’ does. If an automated Safe Mode is launched then it will automatically detect all the corrupted plugins and add-ons on the first startup and while starting up for the second time, it will show you the problem and then ask you to disable that plugin. But if you want to start the Safe Mode on your own, then you will have press ‘Ctrl’ key while launching this tool or if you are using console to launch this tool then you will have to add ‘/safe’ while launching the tool.
This safe mode is quite similar to the Safe Mode which is used by Windows; it will disable most of the features of that Office tool. All the changes occurred are mentioned below.
- The Office assistant will not be displayed automatically.
- No templates will be saved.
- Toolbar or command bar customizations are not loaded.
- Recovered documents will not be displayed.
- Documents with restricted permissions will not be created or opened.
- Smart Tags are not loaded and new tags are not saved.
- Preferences cannot be saved
- Additional programs and features cannot be loaded.
- Autocorrect feature will be disabled.
So, all the above mentioned changes will occur, thus helping your Office to load quickly and thus helping you to find the source of error. Please let us know if you face any other related to this.
Check out more-