Microsoft has a free Automated Troubleshooting Service (ATS) tool which is an online tool and can be run from within the browser without need to install it.
This is a useful tool for Windows XP and Windows Vista. However such tool is not needed for Windows 7 because with Windows 7 you can run the diagnostics built into Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. To do so in Windows 7, you can go to Control Panel > System and Security and run the “Troubleshoot common computer problems”
In this article I will brief about the use and features of Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Service.
Features Of Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Service.
- Fixes problems with desktop shortcuts and icons like Shortcuts on the desktop don’t work or are broken
- Fixes Desktop icons are broken or have not been used in 3 months
- Fixes startup items don’t work or are broken
- System maintenance tasks like Free up disk space by repairing disk volume errors such as bad sectors, lost clusters, cross-linked files and directory errors
- Free up disk space by removing error reports and troubleshooting history older than 1 month
- Set the correct system time and synchronize system clock with the time server
- Fixes Windows update error 0x80072F8F
- Fixes the item that this shortcut refers to has been deleted
How To Use Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Service
- Go to the Link : Automated Troubleshooting Service
- Let the online ATS tool scan and fix your Windows XP or Windows Vista Problems
Hope you find this tool useful and handy.