Recently I was testing NFS most wanted on LAN play between my HP Laptop running Windows Vista and Windows 7 Desktop with 32 bit Ultimate edition. The NFS game crashed every time I tried to run it on LAN play mode.
The surprising thing was that the game was working fine with Windows XP on the same computer same hardware (tested with Windows XP on the same PC as I have XP and Windows 7 in dual boot).
I disabled Windows 7 firewall and then tried, but it did not help.
In this article I will share with you a small tool to fix this and many related issues for NFS Most Wanted.
On searching through some forums, I got this NFS Most wanted Patch on Softpedia which helps to fix the following issues :
- Fixed problem with user not being returned to the offline main menu when losing their connection.
- Users are no longer returned to the offline main menu after a LAN race.
- Fixed host hanging in an empty game room after exiting a race.
- Users are now able to find LAN races created through Quick Race.
- Fixed issue where the game will softlock and lose focus when clicking on ‘Continue’ in the [create new account] screen when information is entered but not confirmed in one of the first four fields.
- Corrected number of laps in Knockout race event in Blacklist 15.
- Fixed problem where users are disconnected from LAN after finishing a race.
- Fixed issue with background disappearing when mouse clicking the ‘Statistics’ button during the Hurry Up timer.
- Fixed a crash in the Foreign Registration Alert screen if the user clicks the back button.
- Fixed a crash when backing out and re-entering the Rap Sheet using the mouse.
- Clicking the back button during the Rap Sheet intro now returns the user to the Main Menu.
- Fixed issue with the interior of the car sometimes disappearing during gameplay.
- Fixed performance parts not showing up unless profile loaded.
You can run the patch it will replace the speed.exe file, server.dll file and two folders in the installed location of the game.