We have been constantly receiving mails from readers about the troubles regarding transfer of files via nokia PC suite using bluetooth connection.
The most common problems are :
- Not able to send/receive files or songs from PC to phone and vice-e-versa.
- The connection to phone is lost abruptly.
- Bluetooth connection not detected by nokia PC suite.
Lets us see how the transfer really takes place and where can be the possible troubles and the fixes. The communication between the phone and the PC takes place in the manner as shown in picture below:
- Phone talks to bluetooth dongle on interface 1.
- Bluetooth dongle/module talks to the PC/laptop on interface 2.
- PC talks to nokia PC-suite internally using certain services.
There can be a problem at any of these interfaces when its not working. So the tips fix the problem are:
- Download the latest available bluetooth driver compatible to your bluetooth dongle or module. Un-install the previous version and install the latest one. This will correct the problems on interface 1 in the above diagram. Restart your computer after this.
- Download the latest version of Nokia PC suite from Nokia. Install the latest version. This will help to fix the interface 2. Restart your computer after this.
- After this make sure that your phone is kept close to the bluetooth dongle for good connectivity and bluetooth is turned on at the phone and the computer. It is recommended that you pair your phone with the computer’s bluetooth software. Check that your phone is now detected by the bluetooth software. This means that interface 1 and interface 2 are working fine now.
- Now run the PC suite application and try to make a connection by "manage connections" option in PC-suite. If this is not working, there maybe some service which is not working. One such important service is Service-Layer. Restart this service if the phone is not detected, for restarting, right click on My Computer > Manage, this will launch computer management utility. Go to services and right click on ServicLayer and click restart as shown in picture below. Wait for the service to re-start , and try connecting the phone again.
The above mentioned steps will Fix the issue.
Still, If you face any problems in the middle of some data transfer, that maybe due to some bug at software level. It is recommended to disconnect the phone and re-start the computer and connect it again.