You might not have Microsoft Office on your computer, but at the same time if someone is sending you a word document or excel sheet, you will not be able to read it. Both the formats are so frequently used that you must have a software to read these documents. The cost and large size of the Office setup might be covering a lot of your system space. So, a better option is to use the viewer to read these documents only and the problem will be solved in both ways. So for that purpose TextMaker and PlanMaker Viewers 2010 are the best and the most convenient options to solve your problem.
TextMaker and PlanMaker Viewers are the small freeware of 4 MB each. TextMaker Viewer is used as the word document viewer. And, PlanMaker Viewer is used as the excel sheet viewer. The viewers support a large number of formats which can be viewed through the tool. The screenshots shown below will help you to use the tool.
PlanMaker Viewer accepts the following formats:
- Microsoft Excel 2007 and 2010.
- Microsoft Excel 2007/2010 templates.
- Microsoft Excel 5.0 up to Excel 2010.
- Microsoft Excel templates 5.0 up to Excel 2010.
- PlanMaker 2001 up to 2010.
- PlanMaker templates 2001 up to 2010.
- Planmaker 1.0, 2.0, 97.
- StarCalc 1.0, 2.0.
- SYLK files.
- Rich Text Format.
- dBASE files.
- Plan-text files.
TextMaker Viewer accepts the following formats:
- Microsoft Word 2007 and 2010.
- Microsoft Word 2007/2010 templates.
- Microsoft Word 6.0 up to Word 2010.
- Microsoft Word templates 6.0 up to 2010.
- TextMaker 6.0 up to 2010.
- TextMaker templates 6.0 up to 2010.
- Open Document Text and templates.
- Open Office.org/ Star Office Text.
- Rich Text Format.
- Pocket Word (Pocket PC and Handheld PC).
- HTML documents.
- Plain-text files.
To make the PlanMaker or TextMaker Viewer as the default application of any of the required formats, you have to mention it at the time of installation. Various options which are available at the time of installation are shown in the snapshots below.
One of the other important feature of this tool is that it can convert either of the documents to the pdf formats. The pdf icon on the toolbar will help you to do so. Just click on that and the document will be converted. I think the large variety of options in such a small size is a wonderful options. Now, you can view the documents and there is not much requirement of the memory space also.
The freewares have been tested on Windows 7, so it will be compatible with the other versions also. Alternatively, you can also use a similar viewer tool with much more options called – Universal Viewer