We browse, upload or download files on various servers on daily basis. So, it will be much better option if the documents are available to us in a user friendly manner. Cyberduck is a utility which makes this feature feasible to you. Cyberduck is freeware of 11.2 MB. Till now, it was available only for MAC but recently it has been designed for Windows also. The user interface has been shown in the snapshot below. Choose Open Connection to connect to a server.
It will allow you to connect to FTP (File Transfer Protocol), FTP- SSL (Explicit AUTH TLS), SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), WebDAV (Web- based Distributed Authoring and Versioning), WebDAV (HTTP/ SSL), MobileMe iDisk (WebDAV), S3 (Amazon Simple Storage Service), Google Storage, Eucalyptus Walrus S3, Rackspace Cloud Files, Swift (OpenStack Object Storage), Google Docs and Windows Azure Cloud Storage. You may select any of these required servers. The snapshot below shows you all the available connections.
To access your google documents, select google docs. You have to enter your valid email id and password in a dialog box as shown in the snapshot.
All the files present in your docs will be displayed. Now, you can access the files, upload a new file, the info related to the file can be viewed. There are lots of other options available like synchronise, download and duplicate copy etc.
Similarly, it will help you to browse for the other options very easily. The features of the tool which are very useful on daily basis are listed below:
- Bookmark: The bookmarking option is also available. Drag and drop bookmarks makes the process convenient.
- The bookmarks can be imported from the third party also.
- Amazon S3: The latest editions on S3 storage are supported and can be easily browsed. Now, you need not to surf internet for small things.
- Bonjour: FTP and WebDAV can be auto discovered on the local network.
- History: The freeware stores the history for your future use if required.
- You can edit text as well as binary file in the preferred application.
- You can distribute your content on the cloud.
- Advanced SSH features like authentication ( and security), interoperability and archives.
- The tool is integrated with the system i.e. all the passwords are saved within the system itself, it acts as a handler for FTP and SFTP.
So, the easy accessibility to all these feature makes the tool very efficient and useful. Now, you can connect and utilise the servers much more faster.
The tool has been specifically designed for Windows 7, Vista and XP.