Ask Toolbar is one of the major adware annoyance experienced by large numbers of computer users, ask toolbar gets installed through many softwares like nero and other software which have ask toolbar integrated in the software installer, when you install these software the default settings installs the ask toolbar on your computer.
When ask toolbar gets installed it will change the default home page in firefox, internet explorer and other browsers installed on your computer, which is very annoying and disturbing if you have customised home page. It will also change the default search engine to be used when you search through the search box.
Lets discuss how to remove ask toolbar and its components from your computer.
There are different methods to uninstall and remove ask toolbar from your computer depending
Remove Ask Toolbar of Internet Explorer Via Add/remove programs
1. Go to Start, click Run.
2. Type in appwiz.cpl in run prompt, and then click OK. [ This will open add remove programs in xp and program and features in vista ]
3. Under the list of installed programs, locate and click Ask Toolbar and select to remove it.
Note: Make sure that internet explorer is not running while you uninstall ask toolbar or restart Internet Explorer for the change to take effect.
Remove Ask Toolbar of Firefox Browser
1. Click Tools on the top of Mozilla Firefox window.
2. click the Add-ons to open the toolbar list.
3. Select the ask toolbar here and click Disable or Uninstall button to disable or remove it completely.
If the above methods does not work for you for any reason then you should use the free application called Toolbar Uninstaller. It allows you to remove a large list of annoying toolbars off from your pc, it can remove many crappy adware toolbars like ask toolbar from your computer.
Download Toolbar Uninstaller
If you like this article or this article helped you, please clikc the +1 Button below to recommend this article.