Win32.Kido or Net-Worm.Win32.Kido is also known as the Downadup or Conficker worm. In this article I will share with you a removal tool for the Win32.Kido Virus.
First see what are the symptoms of the Net-Worm.Win32.Kido :
- Creates autorun.inf on removable drives
- Creates randomly named DLL Files in System32 folder of Windows installation
- Registers itself as a service with random names
- Attacks network computers
- Tries to extract the external IP address of the infected computer
- Increases network traffic because of network attacks
- Blocks all major anti-virus websites
These are all serious security threats and can cause a lot of damage in terms of data-theft, identity theft and in turn financial losses.
To remove the Win32.Kido virus, there is a tool by Kaspersky called the KidoKiller. It is a compact exe file which runs in DOS mode and will scan the Windows Installation disk, and other disks for any traces of Kido Worm and removes it.
To use the Kido Killer, you can simply download the zip file (link at the end of this article), extract the same and run the kk.exe by double clicking the file. We recommend that you right click and select the option “Run as administrator”.
It will launch a scan window which looks something like this :
Hope you find this tool easy to use and useful.
source – Kaspersky