Spywares and Rootkits are serious threats to identity thefts these days. Spywares are pieces of malicious softwares or codes that try to steal your sensitive information like passwords, bank information, etc. Rootkits are even more serious threat, they can monitor your activities and steal the information to even bigger level.
In this article, I am going to review a tool called SpyDLL Remover which is a lightweight and very well targeted DLL scanning tool which can scan for any spyware of infected code by canning the DLL (Dynamic Link Library) files running or installed on the computer. This tool is fully compatible with Windows 7 32bit and 64 bit editions, I have tested it on my windows 7 desktop. I will give a complete review of this effective tool.
One really nice thing about this tool does not require any installation, its a simple EXE file which you can carry on Pen Drive / CD / DVD and run on any PC which you suspect is infected with some spyware / malware.
This is how the interface looks like,
The interface is simple and easy to use. just run the tool and press “Start Scan” button on the tool and it will scan your DLL files for any malicious or suspected behavior.
It will show the results categories on a color coded scheme with different threat levels highlighted in different color.
The red ones are serious threats, the orange one are less severe and yellow one are mild. After scan is complete, you can check the information of the highlighted DLLs online and decide whether or not you want to remove the reported DLLs. It gives you options to remove the suspected / malicious DLL files.
The Process viewer tab on this tool allows you to see all the running processes and their corresponding DLL files and its details. click on the image below to see the detailed options at the bottom of this image which include :
- Remove DLL
- Check Online
- DLL Info
- Process Info
- Kill Porcess
Another feature of this tool is the DLL tracer, this is very helpful if you want to know details of a DLL file in the extracted package of some software or otherwise. You can put the path of the DLL and SpyDLL scanner will trace the DLL and scan it.
To summarize, the features of SpyDLL Remover include :
- Advanced Spyware Scanner which efficiently discovers hidden Rootkit processes as well as suspicious/injected DLLs within all running processes in the system.
- Detection and removal of hidden userland Rootkit processes using sophisticated techniques such as
- – Direct NT System Call Implementation
– Process ID Bruteforce Method (PIDB) as first used by BlackLight
– CSRSS Process Handle Enumeration Method
- State of art technique for completely freeing the injected DLL from remote process based on advanced DLL injection method using low level implementation which defeats any blocking attempts by Rootkits. This is one of those unique features found only in SpyDLLRemover.
- Sophisticated DLL auto analysis which helps in seperating out the legitimate modules/DLLs from the malicious ones. Such DLLs are displayed using different colors representing various threat levels for quicker and easier identification.
for detailed features, see the homepage of SpyDLL Remover
Download SpyDLL Remover
PS : This is 500th Article on Trouble Fixers. Thanks for your immense support and appreciation to make it going.