We got an email from a reader having a problem of continuous pop-up windows when connected to the Internet. This kind of problem can be of several kind of malwares, viruses and trojans. We have already covered this issue in one of our articles : Pop Up Ads Appear Automatically
In this article we are going to share one particular method that removes win.worm32.netsky Trojan. This trojan causes continuous pop-ups when an infected computer is connected to the Internet.
To remove win.worm32.netsky trojan, follow the steps below:
1. Download SDFix from this link and save it on your computer.
2. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key so that you get a Safe Mode Menu on screen when computer starts. On this menu, select the option to boot in safe mode.
3. Double to click Install the file saved in step 1. This will extract some files in a folder.
4. In the folder in which the files have been extracted, double click on the file named “RunThis.bat” . This will launch a command prompt windows, it will ask your confirmation to continue, press Y key to continue running the tool.
5. After the repair is done by the tool, it will prompt to press any key to restart. After restart it will take a while to boot up again.
That is it, it solves your problem of pop-ups.