If due to some reason, your important data is lost, and you have a backup file (backup.bkf) for that data, you can easily restore the original data very easily as we can see in the steps below.
How to take backup?
If you want to know the steps to take the backup of important data, see this post. You should take periodical backup of your important data for safety.
Lets see how to restore the data from Backup.bkf file.
1. Double click on the Backup.bkf file, it will launch the Backup Utility.
2. Select Restore and Manage Media tab.
3. On this screen, select the file from which you want to extract the backup. Also select the path at which you want to restore the data, as you can see in the image below, in the left bottom corner. Press Start restore.
4. It will show a pop-up screen to Confirm Restore. Press OK. This will initiate the restore.
5. After restore is complete, you will see a screen like this. Press Close.
That’s it,Done! Now simply go to the Restore path you have selected in step 3 and verify that all the backup files are restored correctly.