If you to share your Windows computer with someone and you don’t like it when people who use your computer make changes to the Windows theme, there is a good way to prevent that. Although this is a small registry trick which can be un-done by any user with administrator rights and permission to edit Windows Registry, yet you need not worry because most people are not adventurous enough to dig deep into Windows registry.
Above is how the Windows Personalization options appear with the themes installed. Now I will share a small registry hack to disable theme editing.
1. Press “Windows Key + R” to to open run prompt and type “regedit” and press enter.
2. Navigate to the following registry key and create a new 32 bit DWORD value there with name “NoThemesTab”
3. Right click on the newly created “NoThemesTab” DWORD and click Modify…
4. Change the DWORD Value from 0 to 1.
5. Log out from your user account and login again. This is it, now you can see from below snapshot that the theme options have been grayed out and can not be modified.
To revert this option, just follow the same steps and change the value of DWORD to 0 in step 4.