These days world wide web is full of threats and dangers, the most common form of infection on web these days is the suspicious links, clicking on which might cause infection to your twitter account or in some case may even steal you twitter account password as well.
To counter these web dangers you can use the free Bitdefender Safego Scanner for Twitter which help you scan any twitter account before you started following it. Initially launched for Facebook users, Safego now protects Twitter accounts as well, adding a new dimension to Bitdefender users’ safety on online social platforms. Safego allows you to protect those you follow by means of automatic warning messages informing them about detected threats.
You can use safego for twitter for free, follow the procedure below for the step by step procedure to start using it.
1. Go to http://safego.bitdefender.com/twitter/ and click activate protection now green colored button as shown in the image below.
2. Now you will need to authorize this app by entering your twitter account username and password as shown in the image below.
3. Now you will see safego dashboard which will keep scanning all twitter accounts you follow, moreover you can scan new twitter as well which you would like to follow.
If you scan a twitter id with this tool, it will tell you whether that id is safe to follow or not as shown in the image below.
To further understand what more this tool can do for you, read the following points.
- Sorting your existing and potential Twitter contacts based on a color code:
· Red –highly suspicious accounts, which may be spreading malware, spam or may be used for phishing (severe threat)
· Yellow – accounts that attract followers using spammy or annoying mechanism (moderate threat)
· Grey – accounts from which no message has been sent for the past 30 days (low threat)
· Green – safe accounts
- Scan on Demand
Using the Scan on demand function, you can check whether prospective contacts’ accounts are safe before you choose to follow them.
- Scan Private Message