A Reader Indranil Mukherjee mailed us this problem that he Cannot See Shutdown Option in Start Menu. But he has also told in his mail that his computer was infected with some virus before this problem started appearing.
This problem of missing shutdown option in start menu in start menu may appear due to following two reasons including:
- Missing shutdown option issue could be due to the Local Computer Policy settings
- Missing shutdown option could also be due to mis-configured registry settings
Let’s discuss the potentials solutions to restore the missing shutdown option in windows start menu.
Method 1: ( Local Computer Policy )
1. Open Start Menu >> Run, type gpedit.msc and press Enter key.
2. Navigate to
User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar
3. Double click “Remove and Prevent Access To The Shut Down Command” and select Not Configured or Disabled
4. Close Group Policy
Method 2: ( Windows Registry )
1. Start Menu >> Run, type regedit and press Enter Key
2. Navigate to
3. On both or one of the path you will find a registry with following details
Key Name: NoClose
Key Type: DWORD
4. Double click the key to set the value
Value: 1 = Disable Shutdown, 0 = Enable Shutdown
We hope at least one of the above solution will help you fix the problem of missing shutdown option in start menu, if not let us know through comments.
If you like this article or this article helped you, please clikc the +1 Button below to recommend this article.