After I installed Samsung LCD Monitor on my Desktop and installed graphics driver, the monitor got set to its optimum resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. After that I installed the Samsung utilities and Graphics driver that comes with the Monitor in the CD.
After that I changed the resolution of the Monitor to something other than optimum value to see how it looked. But soon after that, when I tried to set it back to its optimal value, I was surprised to see that the optimal resolution of 1920×1080 was missing from the options.
Every LCD screen has a native or optimum resolution at which the picture quality is the best for that LCD display. If you set any other resolution, the picture quality gets compromised and pixels don’t appear that nice especially when reading small fonts of text. See this tips before selecting an LCD display – Essentials to know before buying LCD
In this article I will tell you why this problem occurs and how to fix it.
After some efforts of finding all possible ways to setting resolution in Windows, I realized that there were two drivers controlling the resolution settings in my windows.
1. Plug and Play Monitor
2. SyncMaster Monitor Driver for Samsung (that came in CD with monitor)
Both these drivers seem to control the same Monitor’s Display settings. I realized that these drivers might be conflicting and causing this missing options from the options to set the resolution.
To fix this issue follow the below steps:
1. Right Click on My Computer / Computer icon and click Manage
2. On this Management Windows click Device Manager
3. On Device Manager, expand the category called Monitors
4. On Expanding, you can see two entries, one is “Plug and Play Monitor” and SyncMaster Monitor Driver for your monitor. Right Click on the SyncMaster driver and select Uninstall.
5. This is all, just close the device manager window, again check the available settings for Display Resolutions, you will see that the optimum display resolution options is now visible.
See the related post : Display Resolutions is Degraded and Flickering Graphics While Playing Games and Watching Video