I have been using Reliance Netconnect Data Card for more than 2 years now, in the early days it was very fast but now the speed is moderate neither too slow or too fast, we have already written many articles on reliance netconnect tips and tricks, if you want to know you can read them here, here and here
Recently I saw another problem when Reliance Netconnect Does Connect Display Error 720 at some specific times of the day, reliance netconnect was not able to connect even when it gets full signal bars shown on the software UI as shown in the image below.
After some searching I found the following error codes which displays different problems linked with each error code of reliance netconnect data card and applies to others too.
• 604 Wrong information specified
• 608 The device does not exist
• 633 The port is already in use or is not configured for Remote Access dial out
• 635 Unknown error
• 636 The wrong device is attached to the port
• 648 The password has expired
• 678 There is no answer
• 691 Access denied because user name and/or password is invalid on the domain
• 720 No PPP control protocols configured
• 729 SLIP cannot be used unless the IP protocol is installed
Solution To Error 720 With Reliance Netconnect
The most simplest solution to this problem could be to wait for next 5 – 10 minutes and try connecting again and it will connect in most of the cases or another solution could changing the modes of connectivity like Hybrid, WCDMA under Settings >> Network on reliance netconnect that may solve the problem for you as shown in the image below.
In case if none of the above solution work for you, then you can refer this step by step procedure to solve the error “Connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network setting” refer to this forum thread for the possible working solution.