Spell check is there in both google chrome and firefox but it is not there in internet explorer. Spell check is one very useful feature which should be there in every browser. Now you can add a spell check dictionary in Internet Explorer too with the help of an addon.
ieSpell is a free Spell checker add-on for Internet Explorer 5 and above, IE spell adds a Spell check option and word definition look up option to Internet Explorer right click mouse menu.
You have options to choose language like US, Canadian, and UK spelling, You can even add other online dictionaries like “Urban Dictionary” to your right click menu for finding out the meaning of slang words.
Note: ieSpell is not spyware or adware. It’s free for personal use only, All other use requires a commercial license.
ieSpell Key Features
- Completely standalone spell checker for your web browser. Does not require Microsoft Office or any other third party components.
- Integrates flawlessly with Internet Explorer and other IE based browsers.
- Three ways to start the spell check; via the right click context menu, the toolbar or the menu bar.
- Supports a wide range of web applications including simple text forms, rich text editors, forums, blogs, webmail (including Outlook Web Access and Lotus iNotes) and more.
- Spell check in any of the 3 variants (US, UK and Canadian) of the English Language.
- Suggestions are sorted by the degree of closeness with the misspelled word.
- Intelligent suggesting for misspelled words using typographic “looks like” matching.
- Easily add/remove your personal words in ieSpell via an intuitive user interface.
- Organise your personal words in individual custom dictionaries! Share them with your friends and co-workers over the network!
- Integrates with Microsoft Office’s proofing tools. Have ieSpell share the same copy of the custom dictionary so that when you add/remove your personal words in ieSpell, the same is reflected in Microsoft Office and vice versa!
- ieSpell suggested a word that you are not familiar with? Look up its meaning in an online dictionary!
- Powerful API for web application developers.
- Force users to spell check the document before submission.
- Ignore certain text fields.
- Refuse a form submission if the user cancels the spell check.
This addon will make your life more simple with Internet Explorer, you can also read some other Internet Explorer tips we had posted before on this blog.