There might be a situation when you may search with your name on Google and your Facebook profile comes in the first 10 results. Many people might not have any problem with this, but some of them don’t want them selves to be found though Facebook Search or Google Search or Bing Search.
Facebook allows you to set the privacy options for your profile in such a way that, no one will be able to see your profile under Facebook search results, Google search results or Bing search results if you don’t want to. In order to hide your profile from search engines, follow the procedure given below.
1. Login to your Facebook Account
2. Now Navigate to your Facebook Account Settings
3. Locate the sections Privacy under account settings and click Manage
4. Under Privacy Settings click Search
5. Now make sure that the Public Search should not be allowed if you don’t want your profile to appear in search engines and Facebook Search Results should be up to friends only – which means that only your Facebook friends can see your profile and other information about you. [ as shown in the image below ]
This is it, hope this helps you maintain your online privacy.