Generally, I have heard from a lot of users that the command prompt is not user friendly and they face a lot of difficulty while handling them. They have an issue that it is a very difficult to proceed that is convenient for the user. After trying the large number of options they just have to face the same approximate utilities with a few differentiation. But now you don’t need to take tension about it any more. To overcome all these problems I would like to present a utility named as Cmd – PowerCmd. It will provide you the options which are all required to maintain the job as per your convenience.
Cmd – PowerCmd is a small freeware of 2.17 MB. It will upgrade your command prompt to a Windows GUI format. The utility provides you the user friendly options. The user interface has been displayed in the snapshot below.
PowerCmd will allow you to use multiple consoles in the single window. There are various formats available which help you to choose the one according to your preference. You can choose any one present in the toolbar above. The consoles can vary from one to four in the same window. They can be arranged in the horizontal, vertical or various tabular formats. One has been shown in the snapshot below.
After selecting the arrangement, you can easily add the consoles with the help of new file button present in first position in the toolbar. Then you can move them in any of the section provided. The utility not only helps to arrange the the consoles but provide many other options as shown in the snapshot below. The various options provided are given in the list below:
- You will have better text editing facilities.
- The command prompt history can be filtered.
- The sessions can be saved for the future use and can be restored at any point.
- You can also add the bookmarks.
- The utility have an automatic saving option for the output.
- You can customize the toolbar for a quick launching option.
- The search tab under the toolbar will help you to find the desired consoles out of a lot.
- The utility will display the command prompt environment variable for your benefit.
These were the large range of option provides which makes the utility easy to use and will be liked by the users to replace the command prompt.
The freeware has been tested on Windows 7 and it will compatible with all the other versions also.