There are times when you realize that you need to sync some work folders on multiple computers including your home computer, your office laptop and or your office desktop. Regardless of whether your work is done electronically or not, you will need to pack up (maybe copy your work into a flash drive), and then set it up again (copy it onto your desktop when you get home) before you can continue your work.
SyncDesk, is to help you synchronize your files and folders using an external disk so that it is as if you only have one copy of your files in several computers, as if you only ever have one ‘desk’ that exists at home, school and in the office.
The user only needs to know what they want to synchronize, set it up once, and we take care of the rest. Some simple steps that you will need to carry out after installing SyncDesk:
- Register the computers you want to synchronize with
- Create synchronization tasks, that will only need 3 pieces of information
- Task name (for you to identify the task)
- Computers to be included in this synchronization
- Folder path you want to synchronize
- You’re done! The software will now synchronize automatically every time you plug the external disk into your computer.
When you run this software for the first time, it will as you to register the computers with its name and then you will need to create a task to sync a folder contents.
Once you have registered the computers which needs to synced, then you will need to create a task in which you will specify the folder which is supposed to be synced then add the computers to that task.
Once you are created a task to sync a folder it will automatically sync that folder automatically every time you connect your external disk to your computer.
Key Features Of SyncDesk
- Hence, if you remove something that you need from another computer and that got propagated over, you can just find your file in your recycle bin It does not delete files permanently
- It synchronize files/folders over multiple computers (N-way sync) using an intermediary device
- The external disk has to be on an NTFS system.
- If the external disk or the computer is on a FAT32 system then each file to be synchronized has to be less than 4GB.
- Operating system of computers: Windows XP and above
- All computers added to a particular task should be running on same OS.
- SyncDesk only works on 32-bit OS and should not be used on 64-bit systems.