Opera is one such great browse, one best thing about the opera browser is that it does not crash so easily as compared to Firefox and Google chrome. Now lets discuss how to backup opera settings when you are moving from one computer to another in such a case you would like to take your settings and data to the new computer where you will install opera again.
There are several ways to backup your opera personal settings and data, there is a manual method as well a free tool which lets you take the backup and restore it on new opera installation.
Stu’s Opera Settings Import & Export Tool is a small free utility that allows you to Manage, migrate, backup and restore your Opera profiles. It allows backup and restore of your bookmarks, mail, contacts, sessions, preferences, etc and enables easy transfer of them between Opera installations in different folders or operating systems.
As shown in the above image you can select what would you want to backup and what not to backup via this tool.
You can easily export all the personal data and settings of your opera browser profile with this tool directly to an tar.gz archive which you can import later other opera browser installation.
Key Features Of Stu’s Opera Settings Import & Export Tool
1. Lets you preview your settings before importing or exporting
2. Allows cleanly transferring individual settings an Opera profile folder
3. Available for both Windows and Linux, and your settings can be transferred between different operating systems.
4. Intelligently locates all the Opera profiles on a typical Windows system, so good for finding “lost” profiles
5. Stores settings files in their original state in an open archive (tar.gz) format, so your exported settings can always be easily restored by hand should the need arise
6. Corrects .ini paths on import so settings imported from a different folder/OS work correctly