We received many troubles from the readers when they report they are not able to open their hard drive partitions or pen drives on mouse double click.
Some other similar problems include the following computer troubles
All these problems are caused due different types of viruses which creates malicious autorun.inf files in the root directory of pen drives and hard drive partitions.
So, when you run anti-virus scan and remove the virus files from your pen drive and hard drive partitions these malicious autorun,inf files created by viruses remains which cause your pen drive or had drive partitions not open on mouse double click.
Let’s see how to remove these malicious autorun.inf files
Before applying the fix make sure to connect your pen drive or any other portable USB device.
1. Note the drive letter of your pen drive or hard drive partition which does not open on mouse double click.
2. Now, press Window + R and type “cmd” ( without quotes) and press enter.
3. Type <drive letter>: of the portable drive or hard drive partition which does not open on mouse double click and press enter.
For Example:- G:
4. Type ” attrib -s -h -r autorun.inf “ and press enter.
5. Type Del autorun.inf and press enter.
6. That’s it, Double on your portable drives or hard drive partitions to check whether they are opening now.
Note: You may need to restart your computer or reconnect your pen drive, so that the fix may come into effect.
We hope this will help you to fix the trouble, if still your drive does not open on mouse double click, make sure to make your system clean from any type of virus, as if virus is still active it may have re-created the autorun.inf file again.