Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) is one the most important update for Windows XP, but it may happen that after installing Windows XP service pack 3 some of the hardware devices may not work properly. In that case you would need to uninstall Windows XP SP3 from your computer.
We had already got some mails from readers who want a working step by step procedure to remove or uninstall Windows XP service pack 3 or SP3 from their computers. Once you have Windows XP service pack 3 installed there can be more than one method to remove it.
Lets discuss all these methods to remove Windows XP service pack 3 or Windows XP SP3
These are the methods to remove / delete / uninstall XP service pack 3 or SP 3
Method 1: Remove SP3 from add / remove programs
1. Open Start Menu >> Run, type appwiz.cpl and press Enter
2. Click to select the show updates check box
3. Locate Windows XP Service Pack 3 and click remove
4. click Finish after complete removal and to restart your computer
Method 2: Remove SP3 with the hidden $NtServicePackUninstall$ folder
1. Open Start Menu >> Run, type c:\windows\$NtServicePackUninstall$\spuninst\spuninst.exe and press Enter
2. This will start the windows XP service pack 3 removal wizard and click Next
3. Follow the instructions on the screen to remove windows service pack 3
Method 3: Remove SP3 with Default system restore
Note: Make sure you have restarted your computer at least once after installing windows service pack 3 only then you can use system restore to uninstall service pack 3
1. Open Start Menu >> Run, type “%systemroot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe” and press Enter
2. This will start up the system restore to restore your computer to an earlier time and click Next
3. Click Restore My Computer To An Earlier Time and then click next
4. Click the date on or before which you had installed windows XP service pack 3 and then click Installed Window XP Service Pack 3 and the restore point box
5. Follow the instructions in the upcoming wizard and remove sp3 from by restoring to the point created at the time of installation of service pack 3 for windows XP.