Trojan.Ramvicrype also known as Ransom-N trojan is a Trojan which encrypts the files on the infected system. This Trojan Horse Trojan was first detected around end of October 2009.
Symantec has released a virus removal tool to remove Trojan.Ramvicrype / Ransom-N trojan . In this article I will share with you how can you use this tool to remove the Trojan from your computer.
1. Download FixRamvicrype Tool here and save it on your desktop.
2. Disconnect your computer from Internet and all network connection.
3. Turn Off system restore if you are using Windows XP/ME
4. Double Click the file FixRamvicrype.exe which you downloaded in step 1.
5. Allow the tool to run and remove the Trojan. If you face any problem in running the tool, restart the computer and run the same tool in Safe mode in windows.
6. After tool runs and completes fixing the infection, restart your computer.
7. Run the tool again to ensure proper cleaning of Trojan. Again restart the computer.
8. If you are using Windows XP/ME, turn on the system restore which you turned off in step 3.
9. Reconnect the computer to Internet or Network which you disconnected in step2.
That’s it. After the tool is run properly it will show you a summary or problems it detected and fixed.
See more Virus Removal Tools By Trouble Fixers.