It is quite a common problem that Windows Explorer hangs. Windows explorer hangs due any reason like heavy memory resource hogging programs and or any other windows problem. It will give a warning saying
Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience
You can restart your windows explorer when it goes to not responding state and continue to work as usual.
Let see how can you restart windows explorer windows process ( Explorer.exe ) and continue working when its got hanged.
Follow the procedure below to restart windows explorer
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to start task manager
2. Click the Process tab and locate Explorer.exe
3. Right click on Explorer.exe and select End Process Tree ( after clicking end process tree you will see nothing other than task manager )
4. Now Click on Applications tab, and click the button which says New Task
5. Type Explorer.exe and press Enter or Ok button
You will see the windows explorer coming back with all the programs intact which were previously running, in most of the cases this procedure can save a lot of time and effort.
We this could be helpful to you.