Recently we got some mails from readers reporting their computers getting infected by gphone.exe virus. This virus normally spreads through instant messengers. This worm spreads via google chat and yahoo messenger, it disables your antivirus or any other security software including firewalls.
Gphone.exe is trojan which changes your Internet Explorer home page, also sends messages to all your gtalk contacts so that they also get infected with it. It looks like a folder so people tend to click this 260kb .exe file in the look of a folder. It will keep replicating whenever you click the folder like looking virus exe file.
Let’s discuss how to remove this virus from your computer.
In order to remove gphone.exe virus follow the procedure given below :
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key or ALT+CTRL+DEL Key. Click the process tab and now locate gphone.exe then right click and select end process or directly press del key on your keyboard to end the process.
Note: Just in case if you cannot to open task manager, then download free process explorer and run it by clicking processxp.exe locate gphone.exe then right click and select end process or directly press del key on your keyboard to end the process.
2. Search for the file named gphone.exe on your computer and delete it from wherever found on your computer.
3. Download Free Version of Glary Utilities to remove other duplicate files created by the virus to prevent further infection.
4. After downloading and installing glary utilities run it and go to modules Files and Folder >> Duplicate File Finder and Search for the .exe files of the same size and delete all the files with size 260 kb
5. That’s it, gphone virus is gone from your computer, Enjoy.