Many times our users get their PC infected by some malware attack which may get downloaded through some harmful websites unknowingly, normally there are large financial incentives for the attackers who are trying to infect your computer, and they will try any avenue they can to compromise your computer and use your data and resources for their own selfish and nefarious means.
Malware is often distributed is by exploiting vulnerabilities in software on your computer. A vulnerability is a flaw in a program that attackers can take advantage of, or exploit, in order to do something bad. We often see attackers exploiting vulnerabilities in software to install malware on users’ computers.
Today we will tell you how you can avoid any malware infection on your computer or in case your PC is affected with a malware infection.
Three Things You Can Do To Avoid Malware Infection
1. First make sure you update Java runtime to latest version on your computer, you can download the latest version of java
3. Update Microsoft products like windows OS with latest windows updates, MS Office and Internet Explorer.
Still In case your computer get attacked by a malware and infected, you can follow our guide on how to delete malware from PC or follow our tips to prevent malware attack in future. Now microsoft has released a tool which lets you fix issues caused after a malware or adware infection on your computer. Another popular tool which can get rid of most of the malware and fake adware programs that gets installed on your computer is Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware
Microsoft Malware Prevention Troubleshooter is designed to scan your computer and make recommended changes based on your current settings to provide you with the most up to date security for your Windows operating system.
Microsoft Malware Troubleshooter Can Help You Fix Following Things
- Turns on your Windows Firewall. Enabling your Windows Firewall will protect your computer by blocking communication to your PC that may be malicious software.
- Antivirus software: Checks your Antivirus protection status. You will be prompted to update your Antivirus program if it is not up to date or enable Real-time protection. If you don’t have an anti-virus program installed it will offer you to use Microsoft Security Essentials or learn more about other security software partners.
- Turns on Automatic Update. Windows Update helps keep your PC current, secure and enhance performance by automatically downloading and installing the latest security and feature updates from Microsoft. This helps ensure that both Important and Recommended updates are downloaded.
- Pop-blocker: Enabling Pop-up Blocker will make browsing the web safer by helping prevent malicious or unsafe pop-ups from automatically appearing.
- Remote Registry: The Windows Remote Registry service enables remote users to modify registry settings on this computer. If this service is stopped the registry can be modified only by users on this computer as opposed to over the network.
- Internet Explorer: The package will inform you if you have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed. It will also modify your current privacy settings to ensure you have a safe browsing experience. The package will delete your internet cache and browsing history, which will help protect against malicious threats attempting to access your computer while you’re online.
- Enables User Account Control (UAC). User Account Control (UAC) will prevent malicious software from modifying your computer settings without your consent.
- Proxy Settings: If malicious software has modified your Internet Proxy settings, therefore making it difficult to get online, the package will reset your settings so you can browse the internet normally.
Once you run this tool, you will have the option to either run the tool and let it fix all the problems found automatically or you can fix them by selecting them on your through the tool itself again.
as you can see – following are the areas where it will fix for any irregularities found.
Malware infection is quite common, it may happen to any one through the toolbars which you may install for some purpose or they may come in the installation package of some free software or If you follow this article properly you can get rid of any malware on your computer.