When it comes to hard disk space we always want to know which folders on our hard drives are taking the larger space, but windows explorer by default does not display the folder size, however there has been a tool released some time back called Folder Size which adds an extra column in windows explorer which displays the folder size but it work with windows XP only
So, there is no tool which can integrate a folder size column in windows explorer in windows 7 and vista, but still there are some other alternatives to find out large sized folder on your computer hard drive. We had written some tutorial on how to Display Folder Size In Vista Windows Explorer, Find Large Size Folders and another interesting tip on 3 Ways To Free Up Space On PC
Today we will tell you about another free tool which can easily help to see the folders size in windows, read on further to know more.
This tool is also called Folder Size which will find and display all file and folder sizes, it will display folder name, folder size, size in percentage, files count, subfolders count, creation time and modification time. [ as shown in the snapshot ]
This application will show a very neat report which can be sorted in order to identify the largest folders and the largest files. You can easily figure out which files or folders have filled up your dive space as Folder Size will also scan the sizes of all the subfolders. The application can scan your entire hard drive in minutes due to its optimized scan algorithms.
Some Other Key Features
- Sort option based on all the different criteria listed above – folder name, folder size etc.
- Option to rearrange the columns in the list in order to suit your preferences.
- Option to display the file and folder sizes in Bytes, Kilobytes, Megabytes, Gigabytes or automatically determine the most appropriate size format.
- Locate selected folder or file in Windows Explorer via a context menu
- Show Windows folder or file properties dialog
- Delete folders or files.
- Open files with associated application using double click.
- Remove folders or files from the list in order to check the folder size after deleting the item.
- Support for all types of storage devices – hard drives, CDROM, USB Drives, Floppy disks
- Progressive scan. If you have stopped a scan it will continue form the point of interruption saving processing time. If you have removed items from the list consequential scan will be very quick by only updating the missing items.
- Easy Explorer-style navigation via Back, Forward and Folder Up tool buttons
- Detailed drive size information list including – total drive size, drive used space and drive free space.
- Intuitive Explorer-style user interface and rich documentation
- Operating system: Windows 7/Vista/XP/NT/ME/2000/2003/98
- CPU: Pentium-233 MHz or higher
- 128 MB RAM
- 5 MB free hard disk space