Duplicate files is one of the most important reason for low disk space on your computer, these duplicate files could be music files, images and other multimedia files, documents and other type of files.
We have previously written some tutorials on how to find duplicate music files, and fastest way to eliminate duplicate files. Today we will tell you about another free software which lets you remove duplicate files in a easy and faster way and it is very effective because irrespective of the same file name it performs a binary comparison of the files.
Fast Duplicate File Finder is a free software which help you find all duplicate files in a folder and its sub folders. It will compare the content of your files so it will find duplicates even if they are using different file names. It will analyze the content of the files in order to find similar files and not just file attributes like name and size as the standard duplicate file finders do.
The duplicate remover uses fast binary comparison algorithm and has internal preview supporting a lot of image, video, music and text file formats. You can also preview the files in binary mode. Auto mark algorithm has advanced settings to exclude from auto mark files with user specified extensions, file sizes, file dates and file names.
You can also set which folders you want to exclude from the auto mark. There is an option to protect system files and folders which is recommended to be turned on.
Some Key Features
- Find DUPLICATE files or find SIMILAR files in user specified folders, hard drives, computers or entire networks
- Fast binary comparison algorithm
- Internal preview supporting images, videos, music, text and binary files
- Older files can be automatically marked for deletion
- Duplicate files can be moved to Recycle Bin, custom folder or deleted permanently
- Support for all kinds of removable media – USB drives, diskettes etc.
- Has intuitive interface and rich documentation
- Process priority settings that will let the application scan in your computers IDLE time
- Protection for system files and folders that will prevent damages to your system files
- Automatically locate duplicate files in Windows Explorer
- Open file with associated program
- Powerful filter and exclude from auto-check options
- Multi-language file system support
- Operating system: Windows 7/Vista/XP/NT/ME/2000/2003/98
- CPU: Pentium-233 MHz or higher
- 128 MB RAM
- 5 MB free hard disk space