For a change today I am going to share one of the problem which I have been facing for last 2-3 days. This issue started appearing after installing just released as Firefox 3.0 RC 1. I have been facing firefox navigation buttons problem.
Whenever I start Firefox both backward and forward button are not visible
( as shown in the image below )
Let see how can we fix this firefox trouble.
There are two simple methods which you can try.
1. Open Firefox normally.
2. Go to View >> Toolbars >> Customize
3. To restore your forward and back button then click the “Restore default set” button on the newly opened window.
But the above solution could be temporary. If you face this problem again in future, then go for the Method 2.
Note: The localstore.rdf file your firefox profile is corrupted. You need to remove the corrupt localstore.rdf file so that Firefox can generate a new copy. Any toolbar customizations will be gone when you next restart Firefox but future changes will be retained. Before continuing, you may wish to save a screen capture (print screen) which may help in restoring your toolbar customizations.
Follow the procedure listed below:
1. Exit Firefox and Start Firefox in Safe Mode from start menu (as shown in the image below).
NOTE: This does not mean that you start windows in safe mode. Only firfox is started in safe mode.
2. Select the check box which says Reset toolbars and controls ( as shown in the image below )
3. That’s it, Done! Start Firefox again.
1. Exit Firefox completely
2. Open C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows login/user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile folder>
3. Delete localstore.rdf
(assuming C: drive is where windows is installed )
Note: Do not delete the localstore.rdf file in the Firefox program installation folder
4. Start Firefox again.
We hope this will help you fix the trouble.